Monday, October 22, 2007

Water department makes good

This morning the trucks came and excavated the street to replace the service lines into the house. As we got ready for work, Adian watched intently from our bedroom windows while the crews banged and dug. Truck! Truck! Man! he says.

When I arrived home from work I wasn't too happy to see a patch of lawn missing, but all the rest of the repairs makes up for that. The 24 hour river of water flowing from our lawn has dried and the water pressure into the house has significantly improved. I'm also sure they replaced the old city's lead service pipes as well. Originally I had planned to also have the main house line replaced to increase the water pressure but I don't think that necessary anymore because I can hit the lawn across the street with the garden nozzle.

Good job.

2 comments:

Hazen said...

Odd that the city thought it ok to waste so much water.

Bluezed said...

True, but you hit the nail on the head when you said City. I've come to realize that the City is really a disjointed set of people each with a predefined and distinct task. Aything outside their task list is not their concern.

So, in reality who in the City really cares about water waste. No one.