Saturday, October 13, 2007

Clutter

I have been losing an uphill battle with clutter. Magazines, books, toys, nick-nacks and etc. I have nothing against material things but there comes a time when it's time to let someone else enjoy them by giving them away, especially because we live only semi-detached thats 900sq/ft. The irony, is that we have have lying around several books that describe how to get rid of clutter. If someone could explain to me the physics behind how a garage sale intended to reduce clutter results in the same or more clutter afterwards it would be helpful. Actually, isn't there the 9th law of thermodymamics that says cluttler can neither be created or destroyed but only converted from one form to another? Maybe that explains it.

Of late I've become very astute to people trying to pass me their clutter disgusing themselves as do-gooders. "Hey, need any used snow tires", "I have a baby high chair you might like", "Does your son have a sand box", "I just took off some sway bars on my car (front and rear), I'll save them for you". WTF in the neck! I'm not kidding, these are a just a few things asked of me this past week.

Unfortunately, the only place I do have 100% clutter control is at work. Needless to say the blue bin under my desk sees alot of action. I suspect I hit delete more often than reply in my email too.

My next renovation project the basement. The objective is to create a space for my family to play and relax. The main floor is nice but not really enough space for a child to run and play. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

andy J.S. Decepida said...

Wallace:

Feel neither bad nor frustrated... I never finished a book entitled "Procrastination" -- years ago!!

andy