Sunday, September 10, 2006

Evidence of standing

I've been trying to snap a photo of Aidan standing but it's not been easy. I think he knows what I'm up to so he's been very low the ground this weekend. But I finally did get a picture, not too dramatic but a photo nonetheless (by the way don't mind the person in the background, it's Aidan who is the subject of this post, hee hee).

After I snapped the photo he figured the jig was up so he started standing whenever the opportunity presented itself. The funniest thing was he saw himself standing in the mirror. I could tell he was actually fascinated by it and he stayed standing for at least a couple of minutes, laughing at the same time. His awareness of it just blew me away.

This afternoon we went to the Cabbagetown Art and Farm festival. Unfortunately the farm was closed :( due to a sewer backup. I don't know where all the animals were taken but there was lots of artists showcasing some pretty amazing crafts.


I hadn't been to the that area in 20 years and I'm impressed by quaintness of the neighnbourhood and homes. The last time I was they I accidentally stumbled across it while riding my bike over the Riverdale Park bridge that crosses the DVP. I saw some really beautiful homes today, Cabbagetown in truly a Toronto gem. I also saw Austin Delaney of CTV news. He was chatting it up with another broadcaster but I can't recall his name. Not a really famous person, like someone from Rogers Cable (LOL). I'm planning on going back there in the Fall and Winter to take some photos. It was a wonderful afternoon.

No comments: