Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I set a record

Today I managed to get 3 traffic tickets, in one shot.

1. Failure to surrender proof of ownership
2. Failure to produce proof of insurance
3. Expired plate

In total , $480 in fines.

I admit it all my fault. First I though I had renewed the plate sticker but I guess I overlooked it because I had another car at the time the renewal notice came in.  I also cleaned out my wallet and threw away my old insurance card because I had another one coming. Or course I forgot to put it back into my wallet.  And the ownership papers were sitting in my files at home. Don't ask me why that was.

At least the officer was nice about it and advised me to just dispute it in court.  I know I'll only end up paying for the insurance fine ($60) and have the more costly ones dropped.  What a way to start the morning.

No comments: