Sunday, November 12, 2006

Subway Tile

I got my butt into gear this weekend and got the backsplash done. I went with Daltile's subway tile called Rittenhouse Square. I love the traditional classic look, Marissa says she feels like she's in a bathroom. I still need to make a few custom cut pieces and work in the grout but so far I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I'm going to buy a wet tile saw tomorrow (Warren said he's gonna share the cost) so that should make the inside corner cut pieces easy as well as the 3/8" grantite tile top that I'll be doing tomorrow. Believe me, cutting ceramic tile with nippers is a waste of time and money, I already broke 8 pieces (50cents each) trying to fit around the outlet.

The undercabinet lighting is completed as well. Originally I wanted to go with Xenon because the're whiter and not as hot but I can't find them anywhere. So I've got 5 pucks hooked up to a 120watt transformer and an electric low voltage dimmer ($39!!! a dimmer)

No comments: