Saturday, November 25, 2006

Old School Auction

Today Warner and I went to the "Starburst" video game and vending machine auction. This action specializes in 80's coin-op video games. But before we headed out Aidan wanted Warner to inflate his beach ball for him and as you can see he's very happy about it. Aidan is too young to go to the auction so he hung out with my Dad.

My first time at the auction was an interesting experience. The showroom turned out to be a dusty warehouse off of Keele and Lakeshore. When you first enter you'll see an assortment of video and pinball games all of which are all qay beyond their prime. People milled about the narrow paths prepared with electrical extension cords in hand, sometimes connecting them to consoles in order to test the units.

Part of the aution was held outside in the back parking lot. As I expected, these types of events attract some pretty interesting characters (I didn't see the elusive Ponytail-man).

We didn't expect to buy anything, this was more of a fishing expedition for us. I did witness a Baywatch pinball machine go for $1,500. This was a worthwhile trek, I see it as research trip.

After the auction Aidan and I headed to Swansea Townhall to check out the Holly Jolly Sale where mom was selling cards and jewlery.

No comments: