Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My POD day

A POD day, means Personal Off Day. My employer provides a combination of 8 POD and sick days per year and since it's coming close to the end of the year I'm taking advantage of some time off.

I can't say I relaxed though, in fact it was pretty busy.
It started as beautiful sunny and warm fall morning. I took Adian to the doctors for a checkup and immunization and flu shots. While in the waiting room Aidan made friends with a 3 year old Ethiopean boy, he was following him around and also have him a couple of hugs (too cute). Afterwards we strolled to the Tim Horton's thenwalked home but not before being turned away from a playground. In all fairness to the "mean" gatekeepers I didn't know it was a daycare. After watching and episode of Blue Clues it was lunch and time for a nap. I took the opportunity to finish cutting some granite tiles for the kitchen countertop. That was fun! I got to test out a new wet saw, cut through half inch granite like 'Butta'.

Late in the afternoon we hopped into the car and drove to Future shop and the Home Depot. I needed some more tiles and I also wanted some new music. I got my excercise chasing Aidan around the Future Shop as he rearranged the CD section and turned on and off every plasma TV within arms reach.

I made dinner, gave Aidan a bath, read him his favortite stories and tucked him into bed. Nice.

There is a major rain storm coming tonight. I swept up all the leaves in the backyard so that there's a clear drain. The last thing I want is to come home to a flooded basement. I'll end the day with a hot cup of tea and cherry pie.

No comments: