Sunday, June 28, 2009

Marathon Training - 20KM mark

This Sunday morning marks the completion of a 20km training run. I dread Sundays because they are the long run days. Fortunately, it was overcast and mild so it was bearable. Toronto is so quiet and beautiful at 6:30 on a Sunday morning. How could we make it always like that?

Last weekend's 17KM was painful mostly because of bad shoes (1 1/2 year old Saucony). I ended up with a couple of blisters which makes it really hard to walk let alone run. So this week I got new pair of Mizuno's and they are just the thing to keep the feet happy.

I also learned last week that I need to bring something to eat. It may sound strange to eat while exercising but it's absolutely necessary, at least in my case.

I'm currently at a 9.5km/h pace, so that puts me at about a 5 hour race completion time. I doubt I'll be able to finish any sooner, but my goal is really just finishing. I felt pretty decent today, and even did some yard work, so I think the hard work is starting to show.

No comments: