Friday, November 30, 2007

Me and the Robot

A couple of years ago became fascinated by product called Roomba by iRobot. It's a robotic vacuum cleaner that promised to clean your floors while you were out. iRobot
Corp. got it's start building mine sweeping robots for the military and
today leverages it's navigational technology to its consumer products.

Someone else to vacuum for me? It sounded great but I dismissed it as a
gimmick. Since then I've occasionally gone back to online forums and
websites to see what owners think. From what I can tell more than 80%
of owners are happy. An the latest models have me wondering if I should
get one. They also have floor scrubbers, shop vacuums, pool and gutter cleaners! After cleaning it finds it way back to it's charging base, how cool is that?

I have a cat so little tumbleweed balls of hair accumulate along baseboards and corners. I have a thing for clean floors and carpets (under couches and carpets are a bonus), so if I can come home to a relatively clean place after a hard day at work it might be worth the money.

Some folks might say I'm lazy but my free time is at a premium these days. I know I still have to haul out the hoover once an a while to get into the corners and stairs but I can live with that.

Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Hazen said...

I have seen the pool cleaner version work. It is very effective.

I have also seen the test runs for the grass cutter. Not only useless but dangerous. It was dropped.

I also like the tried and true tools. Nothing sucks up everything as well as a Hoover.

uncertainvoyage said...

Hi Wallace,

One of my friends has one and she loves it. She has two boys and you can imagine the constant cleaning. lol.

Cori