Monday, January 08, 2007

On Vacation

This week I'm on Vacation! The last time I was on vacation was June 2005 when we went to Nova Scotia. We're not going out of town but we plan to spend some quality time at home and about. I'm actually looking forward to going to the Ontario Science Center for some exploration.

As you may have heard, my brother Warren gave me a R/C airplane for Christmas. This weekend was my second attempt to fly it somewhere else besides into a pole. I was pleasantly surprised to get it to loop and pull up just before nose diving into the earth. I also managed to attract an audience (acually a 7 year old kid with his dad). I'll continue my flying lessons as long as the plane remains air-worthy.

Aidan will be 17 months old tomorrow. I've become the people I used to ask, "Why do you quote your kids age in months?". I do it because I don't want him to grow up.

Most parenting books will tell you by "this age your child should be able to...". They never said that he'll be able to take a DVD out of it's case, insert it into the player (right side up) and cycle through the tv's video modes to get it to play. It's a wonderful thing to watch a child grow.

1 comment:

Hazen said...

Looks like Aidan is reading now. Soon be time for him to have a dog.