Thursday, November 06, 2008

Easy times

I was flipping past the Deja Vue channel and watched some old episodes of Silver Spoons, Facts of Life and Family Ties. They were great shows back then but I enjoyed them even more now. I suspect that it's because it takes me back to a simpler time in life.

Back then I didn't have to worry about :

  • Work
  • Rushing home to pick up kids an make dinner
  • Rushing to get kids out and making in to work on time 
  • Realizing that your RSP's are a lot less what they used to be
  • Someone else's future
  • Keeping a clean house
  • Endless loads of laundry
  • World events
  • Getting fat
  • Unfinished renovations
  • Getting enough sleep
  • Kids getting enough sleep
  • Mortgage payments
  • Insurance
  • Wills
  • Diseases
  • Personal time...
... The list goes on.   It's a wonder why kids are in so much hurry to grow up. And it's no wonder why we age.

I guess the irony is the that I have no idea about what's on TV these days. The last time I watched a full episode of prime time TV was probably about 3 years ago.




No comments: