Thursday, September 18, 2008

Check your bill

Although Roger Cable seems to be more customer focused than Bell, they certainly need some improvement with their billing system.  I checked my first months bill since signing on to Rogers High-speed Internet. I was disappointed to see that I did not get the promotional 1 year price of $39.95, nor did I get a one time $30 credit, and I was also charged $9.95 for a modem in-store pickup.

At least Rogers admitted the error and reversed all the charges, but unfortunately this was not the first time this has happened. I have a sneaking suspicion that they know of these errors and count on people not to catch it.

The moral of this story is to always check your bill.

1 comment:

Hazen said...

Over the past 6 years, I have probably had over $2,000 in mistakes on my Rogers bills credited back to me. In that same period, I not once noticed a mistake in my favour. In many cases the mistakes were obvious such as charges for pay-per-view movies made when my cable account was suspended! Most fascinating was Rogers wanting to charge me $200 to return a digital cable box because they no longer accepted those particular boxes since they were out of date. On just one cell phone bill in Sept/Oct of 2007, I had over $300 in charges reversed.