Monday, March 12, 2007

Arrrrgh!!

I discovered a rather large dent on my Camaro this weekend while clearing of it snow from the backyard where it had been parked for the Winter. It appears that a large branch had fallen onto hood during one of those crazy wind storms. A few years ago this would have really pissed me off, but I've learned that such incidents are only bothersome.

I was planning to take it to a bodyshop but I learned that there is a technique out there called Paintless Dent Repair (PDR). Essentially it involves "massaging" the dent out from behind using specialized tools. Sounded too good to be true but after lots of research it does appear to be legitimate. It was actually pioneered by Mercedes Benz and was used to fix small dent and dings on the assembly line. I'll check out a few references in Toronto and give it a go in the spring. In fact I'm actually interested in taking a ceritifcation course in PDR. I think it could be a potential business for myself in the future. God knows where IT is going.

2 comments:

andy J.S. Decepida said...

How did Mr. Burns (The Simpsons) put it when asked if his workers' jobs were safe? "Of course your jobs are safe... they'll just be done by other people!"

Hazen said...

A dent. Whats the big deal LOL. I once had a tree fall on my Rodeo. Remember.