Monday, July 17, 2006

Damn Birds and Bird Flu

Last thursday I decided to replace the kitchen exhaust vent because we noticed that a bird had decided to use it as a home. A couple of years ago I neglected to do the same for the bathroom vent and a bird ended up dying in it and stinking up my house. Anyways when I got the vent off I found three small sparrow eggs sitting confortably in the nest, being the sensitive person I am I decided to relocate then to a dense vine nearby. In doing so, I accidentally dropped the eggs on the floor :-( I felt like a total looser.

Shortly after replacing the vent I felt a uncomfortable scratchyness in my throat. That was followed by a sore throat then a day of chest congestion and wheezing. I woke up Saturday morning searching the Internet for Avian Flu symptons fearing the worst.

It's Monday and I went to work and I'm feeling much better, not 100% but at least I'm still alive.

Lesson #1, always wear mask and gloves.

Hey, at least I didn't miss my department picnic last Friday. I brought Marissa and Aidan too. It was a fun day for all. See, Aidan is tyring to solve the mystery of the skipping rope. He loves all things ropey.

No comments: